This site exists to help you discover the world of Peter Merry – the human being, author, speaker, global activist, leader, consultant, trainer, synnervator, human ecologist, father, folk singer, theatre director, rugby trainer, husband, energy worker… Welcome.
Peter wears a number of hats. In his essence, he morphs to fit the need that he feels he is being called to meet in the world today. In that context, the roles he currently plays include:
- Executive Vice-President of Ubiquity University Undergraduate Programs (coming in May 2013);
- the founder of the Center for Human Emergence, Netherlands, formed in 2005 to facilitate the Netherlands through the current transition and learn for the world, and a Synnervator in CHE Synnervate;
- Director of Wisdom University in Europe;
- the founder and Director of the Hague Center for Global Governance, Innovation and Emergence, founded in 2008 to support, learn about and promote innovative integral approaches to the global challenges that humanity faces today;
- a partner at Engage!, founded in 2000 with Arjen Bos and Tim Merry , to earn a living by doing what we were passionate about. Tim left for Canada in 2005 and Tatiana Glad joined us;
- a Fellow of the Center for Human Ecology in the UK where he did his MSc with a thesis on the future of work and economics;
- As well as working on a PhD at Wisdom University, he is completing his final year (2012) of vocational training in ECOtherapy.
You can encounter Peter at three levels of increasing intimacy, as a writer, speaker and consultant who helps life-affirming leaders to understand and work with the energetic dimension of reality:
Examine at a safe distance by:
- reading one of his books: Evolutionary Leadership, The Pain and the Promise (forthcoming), Leading from the Field (forthcoming)
- checking out his blog with an archive of articles
- attending one of his public talks or organising one yourself
Explore in interaction by:
- joining one of his public half-day Jedi workshops
- participating in one of the public two-and-a-half or five-day intensives that he is co-hosting
- organising a tailor-made workshop or intensive with Peter for you and your crew
Engage in co-creation through:
- asking Peter to support you individually or your leadership team in Leading from the Field
- having Peter work energetically with the organisation, community or land that you are responsible for
- offering to play a role in the organisations that Peter leads: the Center for Human Emergence Netherlands and Wisdom University in Europe
Good recent introductions to where Peter is at now with his thinking and practice can be found here: Interview with Dr Nicholas Beecroft for Future of Western Civilisation series, and The Pain and the Promise – Peter Merry – Integral Leadership Collaborative Keynote.
Peter Merry’s articles are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License